Monday 26 February 2007

I have a deram!?

Do you have a draem? I think Jesus has a dream!..... I think God's dream is that we love him with all our heart, soul, mind and strength and that we love others with an incredible passion. I believe when we make God's dream our dream that's when we begin to change the WORLD!


From the moment Jesus walked onto this planet he had a dream to change the course of history. He began to impact, influence and ultimately change people’s lives. On the night he was born great angels appeared among some sheperds bringing them great news of the saviour being born. Herod heard about Jesus through the magi and decided to kill all the boys 2 years and under because he was desperate to get rid of "the king of the Jews". When Jesus was 12 he was found in the temple, sitting among the religious teachers, discussing deep questions with them. And all who heard him were amazed at his understanding and his answers.

When he began his ministry he began to change and influence his world. From the moment he came to John to be baptised he impacted John. John says “I need to be baptised by you, and do you come to me?” When Jesus was in the desert for 40 days the Devil tried to influence him in a negative way. But Jesus would have none of it.

Jesus healed people, performed miracles, forgave people, raised people from the dead, preached amazing messages, revealed the scriptures to people, walked on water, gave people spiritual life and of course ultimately changing the world for generations to come by giving his own life.

Wouldn't it be incredible if we could impact our world for Jesus even 5% as much Jesus impacted his world. What is truly exciting is what Jesus said in John 14.

“The truth is, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father. You can ask for anything in my name, and I will do it, because the work of the Son brings glory to the Father. Yes, ask anything in my name, and I will do it!"

How awesome is that! We will do the same works as Jesus! and even greater works!

One of the major reasons Jesus influenced his world so much (apart from being the Son of God) is because he loved the father and loved people. Jesus drew children to him everywhere he went. He drew sinners to him. He drew people who felt ostrisized by society. Why were people drawn to him?......They were drawn because of love....If we could apply this truth to our lives in an increasing measure. We would draw more people to us and more people would be interested in what it is about us that is different!

Jesus’s routine was constantly interrupted by people. But it didn’t seem to faze him. He cared so deeply about every person that he would put aside what he was doing for that person. When we really know if we love people is when we love the unlovely. We love those who nobody else will. That’s what love really is.

9 God showed how much he loved us by sending his only Son into the world so that we might have eternal life through him. 10 This is real love. It is not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as a sacrifice to take away our sins. 11 Dear friends, since God loved us that much, we surely ought to love each other.

1 Corinthians 13
Love Is the Greatest 1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

1 comment:

Rinni said...

Awesome and inspirational teaching here. Just what I needed today. :)